New Mexico In Depth is funded by donations, and we disclose information about our donors publicly to ensure transparency and accountability. Our by-laws include a donor policy that requires us to list all donors and the specific amounts of donations when possible, or, when not, the amounts of donations within a range. Our by-laws also mandate that donors "are allowed no control over our editorial content."
The Community Foundation of Southern New Mexico is acting as our fiscal sponsor while we seek nonprofit 501(c)(3) status, which means it helps administer our funding and ensures we are spending money in accordance with the terms of our grants. In addition, our fiscal sponsor has helped us create a special fund to which you can donate to help support New Mexico In Depth. The foundation takes a 4 percent fee out of such donations, and the rest goes directly to us. To make a donation or learn more, click here.
Here’s our list of 2014 donors (last updated Feb. 28, 2014):
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation: $125,000 (This is part of a larger, two-year grant totaling $500,000 that runs through June 2014.)
- Frances Haussamen, Albuquerque, NM: $200
- David Craig, Cochiti Lake, NM: $104.17
- Pamela Roy: $100
- M FIVE Martini Grill, Las Cruces, NM: $90
- Susan Fitzgerald, Las Cruces, NM: $75
- Susannah Abbey: $50
- Aletta T. Wilson, Mesilla Park, NM: $50
- Patricia Martinez-Lopez, Bloomfield, NM: $30
- Wally and Carol Haussamen, Las Cruces, NM: $20
- Don Kurtz, Las Cruces, NM: $10