Job Announcement: Multi-media storyteller
Posted April 13, 2017
New Mexico In Depth, a digital-first nonprofit committed to journalism in the public interest, is seeking a new member of our team. We’re looking for an energetic and ambitious storyteller with writing and multi-media skills to work on reporting teams, produce original content, and to work with our team on community engagement projects. This is a full-time position.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Strong desire and ambition to expose and find solutions to complex problems facing New Mexico communities, through the craft of journalism
- An inquisitive and analytical mindset
- A willingness to seek out perspectives from diverse communities in New Mexico
- A multi-media skillset, including production of graphic content, short-form video and audio.
- A meticulous approach to ensuring data accuracy
- An independent, organized and self-directed work ethic while being cooperative and accountable to team projects.
- Roots in New Mexico, with bilingualism a plus.
- At least two years experience working as a multi-media storyteller, with demonstrated work in team or independent projects.
- Experience with graphic design and multimedia software
- Savvy with various communication methods, including social media
- Residence in New Mexico or ability to relocate.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends.
Things to know:
The position is a one-year grant-funded position with renewal contingent on new funding. It comes with excellent benefits (health insurance, 401k after eligibility period, generous annual leave). Salary is negotiable, dependent on experience.
In addition to regular reporting work, sometimes on a team and sometime independently, about 30 percent of staff time will be spent working on community engagement projects with our team, both in the community and through social media and other avenues.
Interested candidates should submit a résumé and cover letter and two examples of previous work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled.
NMID is an Equal Opportunity Employer—people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Posted April 13, 2017